I decided to make a light and fruity summer wine, so I choose to us the Welch’s Strawberry Breeze frozen concentrate along with the remaining Riesling Concentrate I had left over from the Peach Riesling I started in February.
- 1 Can (23 fl oz) – Alexander Reisling Grape Concentrate
- 2 Can (11.5 oz) – Welch’s Strawberry Breeze (Save 1 Can for sweetening before bottling)
- 93 fl oz – Water
- 16 oz – Sugar
- 1/2 tsp – Super Ferment
- 1 tsp – Acid Blend
- 1/4 tsp Tannin
- 1/2 pkg – Yeast ( I used Red Star Pasteur Champagne)
- Add the Reisling Grape & Strawberry Breeze Concentrate to your primary fermentor and stir.
- Create a simple syrup mixture with the water and sugar (Heat the water on the stove and stir in sugar until completely dissolved). Set the simple syrup mixture aside for cooling until room temperature.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except Yeast
- Sprinkle yeast and leave in primary fermentor for 3 to 5 days
- Transfer to secondary fermentor for the remaining fermenting and bulk aging
- Rack as needed (i.e., transfer wine off yeast and other sediment to another fermentor)